How To Reset Epson L565 Printer? The Ultimate Guide!
Resetting Epson L565 is not a hard thing to do. Those who just bought this printer or haven’t resetted any printer usually find it difficult. Fortunately, with Epson, there is more than one way.
To reset the Epson L565 printer, you can either go to the Control Panel or use the Resetter. Pressing buttons like Reset and Power can also do the job if you follow some specific steps. You can also reinstall the drivers to reset the settings.
If you want to know how to reset the Epson L565 printer step-by-step, then continue reading!
How To Reset Epson L565 Printer?
You can reset the Epson L565 printer from the control panel easily. Pressing Reset and the Paper button can also be used to bring the settings back to default, but only if you follow some specific steps later on. In addition, there are also some other extra ways that you can follow to reset the printer.
From the Control Panel of the Printer
You can reset your Epson L565 printer by using the restore settings option from the printer’s control panel. Follow these steps:
- To open the printer’s control panel, click on the home button.
- Then navigate to the Setup menu by using the arrow buttons.
- After opening the setup, choose the Restore default settings option.
- Then locate the restore network settings and click on “OK.”
- Then restart the printer to save these changes. The Epson L565 will then be resetted.
By Using the Reset Button
The reset button is usually present on the back side of the printer. You can also use it to reset the Epson L565 printer’s setting to default. Here’s how:
- First, turn off your L565 printer.
- Remove the power cord from the outlet.
- Press and hold the reset button using a pin or any other material you have nearby.
- Turn on the printer (make sure you keep pressing the button).
- Then, release the button.
- Wait for your L565 printer to stop blinking.
- Turn off the printer again.
- After some time, turn it on again.
The Epson L565 printer will be resetted. You can now start printing again, just like you did when you first purchased it.
Try Resetter/Adjustment Program
First, download the Resetter/adjustment program, which is used to reset the Epson L565 printer. Then extract files from the rar/zip file.
After that, click on the program file to reset the printer.
- After opening the program, click on the Select option.
- Then go to the port and click on the arrow to see all available options.
- Choose Auto selection from here and click on “Ok” to confirm this setting.
- After that main window of the Resetter shows again, and from here, tap on a Particular Adjustment Mode.
- Scroll down to the Maintenance section and click on the Waste Ink Pad Counter.
- Choose OK to open a window of the waste ink pad counter.
- Click on the small box right before the Main pad counter to tick it.
- Then tap on the Check option, which is present below.
- After that, click on Initialize to reset the printer.
- Click on the Finish option.
- After that, turn off your printer and then turn it on again.
Make sure you follow all of these above steps carefully and accurately. If not, your Epson L565 printer won’t get resetted.
By Using the Paper Button
You can easily reset your Epson L565 printer using a paper button by following these steps:
- Turn off your printer.
- Press and hold the paper button and turn on the printer while holding the paper button.
- After that, wait for 20-30 seconds as your printer begins an initializing process.
- Then release the paper button when the printer has completed initializing.
- Again, turn off your printer.
- Turn it back on one last time. The printer’s settings should be restored to the original/new ones.
After that, I suggest you print a test paper to ensure your printer is working properly. If it is not, then I suggest you again do these steps or follow any other method we have discussed.
By Reinstalling the Printers’ Drivers
If your printer still shows some issues, then you should reinstall the printer drivers. It is an easy way to reset the printer. To re-download, you should visit the official website of Epson.
Here’s how to re-install drivers to reset Epson L565 printer:
- After opening the official website of the Epson printer, go to the Support option and tap on the Printer.
- Then go to the search bar, and type your printer model no. (L565 in this case), and select it.
- Choose your Operating system as Windows 7, 8, or 10, installed on your PC.
- Navigate down and tap on drivers (Two types of drivers will be there- scanner/printer driver).
- Click on Download to download the driver you want to install.
- Confirm the downloading.
- Double-click on it to run the driver and wait until the installation window appears.
- Tap Next.
- Accept the Terms and conditions and then click on Next.
- After the driver installation process starts, wait for it to install.
- Lastly, restart your L565 printer.
The printer will go back to its default settings (as it is resetted). It’s that simple!
Contact Epson Support If Your Issue Does Not Get Resolved
If you are resetting the Epson L565 printer because of any issue and it doesn’t get resolved, then you should contact Epson’s customer support. Tell the representative about your issue in detail so that the company can identify the problem.
If you have time left on the warranty, then Epson will fix the problem for free or give you a new L565 printer.
If not, then the company will advise you to get in touch with a technician.
So, how to reset Epson L565 printer?
The easiest ways to do this are via the control panel and Resetter. You can also play with some buttons, like Reset, Paper, etc., to restore the original settings. Furthermore, you should also reinstall the drivers from the official Epson website to give your Printer a new start.
Following these methods will surely help you fix the problem you are facing! That’s all about how you can reset an Epson L565 printer easily.